Ads Right Header

Buy template blogger

THE END OF ONE AND BEGINING OF NEW : AKHIRAT

THE END OF ONE AND BEGINING OF NEW : AKHIRAT
Hello,

You might be thinking about what "Akhirat" might mean. I won't be telling you what it actually means just now, but eventually, you will know it at the end. So let me tell you a story some might find it just a story, some might find it a nuisance, some might believe it to be true, others might make fun of it, it's totally up to you readers. But before that let me tell you that I am no novelist or story writer, I am just writing this to cast out some unknowns from my memories. So, enough of the chit-chats now let me start.

It is the cold winter mornings of Nainital. The year is 2012. I am presently in class 8 of  Little Flower school. The past few days were really rough. The reason is, my father is suffering a lot, his suffering from type-1 diabetes and it has been 3 years since he encountered kidney and BP problems caused due to diabetes. It is slowly eating him up and one can easily tell that the day isn't far enough when he will leave this side of the world to be a free soul. But, unfortunately, I didn't have the leisure to look up for all these unearthly matters because I had many important matters to look upon, and that is the final exam. Today I had Mathematics, yes you heard it right Mathematics, the one most children fears...HAHAHAHA. My parents left me alone just the day before, since my father's condition has worsened, and thus they had to leave immediately. I was never too close to my father but in-spite of that, before leaving he looked at me with a fading wry smile and moistened eyes and put his wavering sickly hand on my shoulder. I could feel his warmth. I never thought that that was the last I was going to see him ever. And after those heartwarming moments, we had, they left for the hospital. Today was the day Of the exam. I went to school and the exam started. It was a three hours exam and already 2 hours and 45 minutes had passed, but I had already completed my paper. And while I was going through my paper for errors, the vice principal came dashing to the exam hall, and with a gloomy face, he was talking something to the teacher. I immediately understood something wrong and that the Vice-principal has come for me. My instincts came out to be true. The Vice approached me and said "Did you finish your exam? How did it go?" and  I replied, "Yeah it was fine." Even though it wasn't at all. And she asked me to come with her to the principal office and so I did. There was a person there, who was very familiar to me but I didn't know his name, later on, I found out that he was a friend of my uncle. He was sent to take me back home. While he was having a chat with the principal, I was standing outside and my mind was questioning me "what might have happened?", "was everyone fine?", "was my father okay?", I had an unknown fear that something has happened to him. With all the questions in mind, I was taken back home and was not prepared for what was waiting for me. On reaching, I saw everyone crying and it didn't take me a second to understand that my father expired. He was no more of this world, he has left me and my mother and moved on. After a few hours, his body arrived, and then I saw him all lifeless body, cold as ice, with a painful facial expression which now seemed less painful. But, the strangest part was I never cried not a single drop, as if I was always prepared for this. The saddest thing I remember that day was that mother cried in grieve and shouted out loud to me saying "sorry, I am sorry son I couldn't save your father. Sorry..Sorry......". 

You have nearly reached the end of the story but you might think what is the relation of the word "Akhirat". Well, there is. After everyone conveyed their last praying the body was taken to the burial site for cremation. After all the post-cremation procedures the body was lit with fire and as soon as the body was lit the sky suddenly grew darker and darker and darker and it started raining. It rained as if the sky is mourning in sadness as if the environment was sad, but the most wonderful part was that the holy pyre fire grew larger the more it rained, instead of diminishing. And within a few hours, the body was turned to ash, thus removing any existence of the person. After that, the Pandit who was present there, gave me few corals and said me to repeat a line after him, and throw the corals on the diminishing but still warm ash stock, and as I did that suddenly, a great amount of air came and choose the area and left, keeping everyone in amusement and silent. Well, the line said, "Father I free you from all the earthly debts, you may now leave this place, travel crossing the seven seas and the seven heavens and find peace there, I free you...Goodbye".

It has been 9 years since my father expired, and not a single day has passed by where I didn't think what was that air and why did the rain didn't put out the fire? I don't know but I still think he's still out there and looking at me and laughing.

So, this was it. I hope you have understood what "Akhirat" means, It means "Afterlife".
Let me take leave but remember someone is still watching you from the other side and laughing.....

If you enjoyed the story do comment and share.
Previous article
Next article
This Is The Oldest Page

2 Comments to

  1. Interesting title and well written. Keep it up. I'm sure your Dad's proud of you, watching you from upstairs.🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely wasn't expecting this story to take me on emotional ride. I just love the way u write the story and I truly believe that someone is always watching you from the other side.

    ReplyDelete

Ads Post 1

Ads Post 2

Ads Post 3

Ads Post 4