Ads Right Header

Buy template blogger

HORROR STORY FOR KIDS

HORROR STORY FOR KIDS
"The voices in my head and the color in my eyes, the darkness will  pursue. Recurrently I am striving to subsequent the light but it turns dark too..."


Hello


I hope you all are doing well in this period of Lockdown. I guess you enjoyed the last blog on the afterlife as "Akhirat". I know, I have known it seems to be bit much for your readers, so to ease it off a bit, today's blog story will be not too emotionally perplexed, but it will surely try to make you listen for "Heli". But, even before I start let me ask you something, each day more than 1 lakh of the population worldwide dies, and the deaths might be due to age or accident, or due to an unknown disease, and they may rest in peace. But, do you think that they really are in peace? They might have a lot of unfulfilled wishes left, some wanted to see their loved ones, while others wanted to Rome the world, while some others just wanted a settled life, and some others wanted to have a happy retired life. Now, none can be said apart them and their voices...

So, guys take a few minutes from your busy schedule, close your eyes, and in the deep silence of the night, try to listen to the voice of the dead, and tell are they really in peace? what do you think? You can at least do this for their peace. Right?


Unlike, the last blog you might think what "Heli" is, and I won't be telling it to you here, but eventually, you will get it by the end. So, enough chit-chats let the story begin.



“AAAAHHHHHH!!!! The lights went out again” I cried out in an angry mood. This was the 3rd time for that day.

We came for the summer vacations in Kalimpong, It is an east An Indian hill town in the Himalayan foothills of West Bengal. Even though it’s the summer vacation, but the weather here is quite soothing, with a constant flow of cool windy breeze. It is quite a beautiful hill station. But who knew that the beautiful hilly terrain is quite habituated with frequent load shadings, and thus it turned out to be my 3rd the darkness of the day. Well, I also found out, that the town had frequent power-cuts on every sunday’s, and unfortunate with the blessing of god it was a SUNDAY. But, despite the problems the town was really a heaven and the people there were godlike towards the tourists. Most of the people there are Lepchas, but the city had few Nepali’s as well. We rented a hotel on a hilltop, it’s just because I can’t withstand the greed of not able to see a fine sunrise, and a hill station is just the right place for it. “But, the sunrise can wait, for now, let me handle the power-cut first,” I said in my mind. I went to the hotel manager and said in an angry and irritated voice ”Why isn’t the backup generator not powered yet?” and he said in an apologizing manner ”Sorry Sir for the chaos, but the generator is causing some problem, and my staff has gone to call the mechanic, he will arrive shortly but still it might take an hour or two to repair it”  Thus I went back to the room and narrated to my mother everything. My mother said “ go get few candles from the shop down the road “ I asked “how many?” She said “a packet will be enough for the rest of the vacation” I said “ok”, and left for the shop, little did I knew that the next incident that was going to happen would haunt me for life. The road was the one and only way to enter the hotel, and there weren’t any other houses nearby. Around a bunch of houses was down the road, and they were visible from the top. Unlike any other metro town roads, the hilly roads were quite small but still wide enough for a single car to pass. The road was covered with garden chipped stones, or parking stones. Anyway, I took a torch with me and went out. Even though it wasn’t fully dark outside but, it was engulfing the town quite rapidly. So, instead of taking any chances of walking in the dark, I preferred taking the torch. So, now I was walking on the road, feeling the cold winds passing by the skin, and with the continuous chirping sound of the crickets in the distance. I was alone, not a single animal could be seen, humans were such a rare chance. Among all these, I also heard the sound of another person walking just behind me. The sound was quite clear, but I neglected and kept on walking enjoying the chilling environment, and I reached the shop. I took the candles. While I was paying the shopkeeper I just overheard few customers talking among themselves, that someone of their knowledge has just passed away and that they were really sad about the person passing away.

Now, let me tell you guys something here. Our brain is an auspicious organ, it sees and hears thing’s that are not even meant for humans to see or hear. Yet, it doesn’t understand the reality or truth of that incident that it sees or hears. After I took my item I started walking back to my hotel. It was dark by now. My mind was continuously thinking of what I heard in the shop. Suddenly, I heard the familiar sound of a person walking behind me. First I thought it might be someone, and so I stopped to let him pass. But as I stopped, the sound stopped as well. And seeing no one passing I started walking again. And as I did, the sound of the walking started again. My whole body spooked, and it didn’t take me long to understand that something is wrong. So, I increased the speed, and as I did that, the unknown behind me increased his speed as well. It was like a race going on between us. I was scared like hell. And, finding no way to stop that, I started running without any halt till I reached the hotel gate. But I could still clearly hear that the unknown was running now, behind me. It was as if the sound wanted to catch me. My lungs started giving up. That day I understood that running on the hilly roads is much difficult than running in the plains. I thought of giving a break, but the sound of the other pair of legs running behind me hit my subconscious mind, telling me to survive. I thought this was the end, there is no way of beating the terrific evil darkness. But, it was god’s grace or something else grace, as I reached the hotel gate, the area lit up. The load-shed ended for now. And, I sighed in relief. The sound has disappeared. For the first time, I felt like the electric board of people as a god.

This was six years back. I don’t know who that was, or what it was. Later on, said everything to my mother, and she said that it was nothing but an illusion of my mind. She might be right. But, even though the fear never left but, slowly depleted with each passing day. The sound still haunts me on a lonely dark path.

Well, the story ends here, but you might think I could have turned and looked back to see who it was. Here is the interesting part. After a year or so, the same thing happened while I was back home in Nainital. And, out of curiosity, I just stopped suddenly and turned, pointing the torch at the darkness in front, but to my surprise what I saw left a scar in me. There was no one, it was just pure lone shivering dark emptiness.....


I hope you have guessed what "Heli" is. If not then let me tell you, it means "sound". I hope you guys enjoyed the story. So, please don’t forget to Follow, Share, and Comment. Because, if you don’t, who can say, you might end up being followed by the "Heli" of the unknown.......

If you enjoyed the story do comment and share.
Previous article
Next article

2 Comments to

Ads Post 1

Ads Post 2

Ads Post 3

Ads Post 4